Quite a few of the questions we’ve been hearing lately have dealt with gift certificates; how to set them up for purchase, and also how to manage them once the customer has received them. Luckily our shopping cart has the ability to manage both of these aspects seamlessly.
Once you’ve logged into your RevolutionParts admin page, either search for “gift certificate” in the upper left hand corner, or find the Gift Certificates icon under the marketing header on the navigation menu.
1. First you need to ensure you have the gift certificates 'Enabled' by clicking on the 'Enable Module' button as shown below.
2. Click the ‘Edit’ button to edit any certificate that has been purchased already.
3. You would then be able to edit any of the fields as shown below.
4. You can delete the existing certificates by clicking on the ‘Delete’ button.
5. In order to edit the emails that get sent when someone purchases a gift certificate click the Gift Certificates Email tab to edit the email that is sent to the recipient of the certificate as shown below.
7. Once done click on the 'Save changes' button to save the changes you have made here or click on the 'Reset form' button to undo all your changes.
After you're familiar with how the gift certificate feature works in your cart, check to make sure that it's showing up on your site. Under the "Categories" section, there should now be a Gift Certificate link. If you can't find the "Categories" section, you may need to launch the Cart Designer in your RevolutionParts cart, and add it.
That’s the basics of managing the gift certificate feature of your RevolutionParts cart. If you have any other questions, feel free to get in contact with us.